Programme Intended Learning Outcome
Upon successful completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Apply broad-based business knowledge and problem solving skills to a wide range of issues;
- Apply the principles, knowledge and skills of accountancy in academic and work situations in a supervisory role to produce quality outputs;
- Apply the theories, procedures and skills at professional level of audit and assurance, financial reporting, taxation and legal framework to business organisations in balancing the competing interests of various stakeholders;
- Apply interpersonal and communication skills, in English and Chinese, and generic skills like information technology, management, evaluation, quantitative and analytical reasoning, and the skills in the ability to learn how to learn in diverse environments;
- Examine the major socio-political, legal, cultural and economic issues affecting accountancy in the local, national and international contexts;
- Relate the major ideas in arts and humanities, science and technology to their own area of study.
Further Studies Pathways
According to the Graduate Exit Survey, about 85.2% of the graduates went on to further studies. Of those who pursued further studies, over 84.1% gained entry into the local Universities/Institutions (government-funded and self-financed), while the others enrolled in overseas top-up degree programmes in Hong Kong.
The following table lists some of the degree programmes which have accepted our graduates in recent years. For a comprehensive list, please refer to the articulation table.
- Graduates from this programme will be able to find employment in local and international accounting firms. Others will seek jobs in business institutions and the civil service.
- According to the Graduate Exit Survey, CCCU/UOWCHK graduates took an average of 2 months to get a full time job with an average monthly salary of HK$13,455.
General Education Courses
Four courses to be chosen from all of the following domains:
- Arts and Humanities
- Science and Technology
- Society and Organisations
Programme Specific Entrance Requirements
Candidates must also meet the following requirements for ABAA:
- Level 2 or above in HKDSE Mathematics
Mode of Study